Napa cabbage is one of Asia’s most commonly used vegetable with its crunchy sweet flavour. So low in calories (16 per 100g serving) its virtually a free food! Napa, apart of the cruciferous family, is a great source of folate giving you 20% of your daily requirements, helping to support healthy DNA, including in developing babies! In addition Napa is rich in vitamin C for immunity, K for bone health and electrolytes and minerals like calcium and magnesium to help you get your quality zzz’s!
Power Food: Chinese Napa Cabbage
Prep. Time: 10 min. | Cook Time: 0 min. | Total Time: 15 min. | Serves: 4 | Serving Size : 2 cups
Free From: Gluten, Dairy
- 80 g *mung bean thread (glass) noodles or other gluten free noodles
- 4 cups Napa cabbage, cut in strips
- 2 cup shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup carrots, julienned
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 1-14 oz. black beans, rinsed & drained
- ¼ cup vegetable stock (low sodium, gluten free)
- ¼ cup soy sauce ( low sodium, gluten free)
- 2 Tbsp. maple syrup, pure (grade B)
- 1 tsp. each: ginger & garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp. lime juice
- 1 stalk green onion, sliced, to garnish
- ½ cup cilantro, minced for garnish with a few sprigs
- ¼ cup pine nuts (soaked overnight) for garnish
- Soak bean noodles in warm water until softened but still firm, about 1-2 minutes or prepare noodles according to manufacture directions. Drain & set aside.
- Add Napa, mushrooms, carrots, onion, black beans, and noodles to a large bowl.
- Whisk together vegetable stock, soy sauce, maple syrup, ginger, garlic, and lime juice. Drizzle on top of salad, toss and then garnish with onion, cilantro and pine nuts just before serving.
Nutritional Facts: Calories 246.1| Total Fat7.0 g | Saturated Fat 0.6 g| Monounsaturated Fat1.8 g | Polyunsaturated Fat 3.2 g | Cholesterol 56.1 mg | Sodium 39.6 g| Total Carbohydrate39.5 g | Natural Sugar 4.8 g| Dietary Fibre8.7 g| Protein10.9 g | *Vitamin A 83.0 % | *Vitamin C9.4 % | *Manganese 73.9 % *Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.